Our Eco-Friendly Philosophy
Mineralogie is one of the leading manufacturers and distributors of 100% mineral makeup and our entire company is built on the values of the consistently evolving, health conscious, beauty industry. As a member of the global marketplace, we understand the impact our products and packaging have on not only the consumer, but on the environment. In 2008, our founder and CEO, Mary Van, embarked on a corporate wide "green transformation" and it has been and will continue to be a proud commitment for our team and our brand. We feel it is essential for our industry and others to embrace eco-friendly solutions. We strive to combine our healthy approach to cosmetics with our corporate responsibility to maintain a 'beautiful' company both inside and out.
- No products are ever tested on animals.
- All outer box product packaging is printed using soy ink on recycled papers from sustainable tree farms.
- Many of the company’s containers are made with 20% recycled materials while others are 100% biodegradable (Eco-Chic compacts). A large number of the containers are refillable and reusable making them both user and environmentally friendly.
- Corporate paper documents and marketing materials are printed using partially or totally recycled stock.
- A portion of Mineralogie’s proceeds is contributed to the Natural Resources Defense Council.
- Recycled packing boxes and milo grain resin biodegradable peanuts are used and reused in shipments, whenever possible.
- We use Green Mountain Energy as our electricity provider to reduce air pollution and help keep the environment clean.
- Recycling all applicable materials is a mandate for all employees at the company’s 25,000 sq. ft. corporate office and warehouse.