The Spring Racing Carnival is coming to its pinnacle with the big one – the Melbourne Cup. The race that stops the nation is a great opportunity to get all dressed up and make a statement. From fancy dress fanatics to satellite dish sized hats, the Melbourne Cup sees it all. If you are so inclined, go for it! However, when it comes to your makeup, I’m placing my bets on a more classic, elegant look that will complement any outfit and have you looking like the clear winner. Just take a look at the previous Cups' bevy of beauties to see just what I mean –
Get the look for yourself:
1. Click here and follow the first 2 steps of the Derby Day Look I posted a couple of days ago then head on back here to finish this look.
2. Flushed cheeks look fresh and feminine so apply a touch of Eve Blush to the apples and sweep up towards the temples making sure not to be too heavy handed. Then dust a touch of Twilight Radiance for a gorgeous ‘lit from within’ look.
3. For eyes you will need our Champagne Pressed Eye Shadow Quad. Over the entire lid apply the shade Fusion. Apply Mango or Champagne up to the crease. In the crease, work in a little Mulberry for definition and blend really well.
4. To make your eyes really pop, first line your top lash line with Brunette Eye Liner as close to the lashes as possible and your bottom lash line from the outer corner stopping at the centre. Take your shadow brush and smudge the eye liner to create a soft and smoky effect. Now, take your Twilight Radiance dispensing brush and unscrew the lid. Dip a clean shadow brush into the radiance and apply to the inner corners of your eyes. This will really open up the eyes and make them sparkle, just like Jen’s above.
5. Finally, give you lips the glossy treatment with our Lip Gloss in either Cultured (a classic nude with a bit of peach) or Kiss Me (a lovely shimmering pale pink) and you are good to go!